THE DEACON MINISTRY AT FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
The Moderator is Susan Moore (email@example.com) and the Clerk is Marsha Devore (Devore.firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Board of Deacons joins Session, Church Committees, and the Congregation in seeking ways to meet Mission Priority Goals and Directives. Deacons seek to develop programs that offer opportunities for regular fellowship outside of worship and to increase member involvement in community mission.
The Deacon’s ministry includes:
- encouraging the spiritual growth of church members;
- establishing a feeling of belonging;
- providing support for those experiencing a life crisis or celebrating a life changing event;
- ministering to congregational members who have special needs
The Board of Deacons meets at 11:45 on the second Sunday of the month. To fulfill the Deacons’ missions and responsibilities members discuss and create possible ministries. Some of the present and ongoing ministries are:
- Food and Fellowship - Providing snacks and fellowship for members and visitors in the Gathering Room before and after church services
- Celebration of Life dinners, receptions, and crisis meals
- Church Landscape - beautifying our church grounds with plants and flowers and maintaining the plantings
- Elmwood Apartments - helping to meet the needs of our neighbors who live in the Elmwood Apartment
- Celebration Cards
- Altar flowers - coordinating weekly altar flowers
- Caring Cards - showing love, concern, and support for members by sending get well, sympathy, or congratulations cards for special occasions.
- Lincoln Manor - visiting Lincoln Manor Nursing Home visiting and providing entertainment for the residents
- Good Samaritan Inn - Coordinating Good Samaritan Inn volunteers from First Pres. for the second Thursday of each month; on four Sundays a year, providing, preparing,and serving meals